The Community Coordinator is responsible for coordinating, supporting and implementing the strategic direction developed by the Board of Directors; and for the overall management of the Bankview Community Association. This is a part-time contract for up to 7 months, based on 24 hours of work per week, requiring some set weekday office hours, with the remaining hours flexible each week to be to meet facility needs, i.e. evenings, weekends, and/or work from home. The Community Coordinator is required to attend monthly, evening Board meetings and occasionally other meetings as requested by the Board. The position reports directly to and is accountable to the Personnel Committee of the annually nominated Board of Directors.
Main areas of responsibility (and estimated level of effort) include:
- Community Relations and Marketing (20%) – interaction with community residents, businesses, partners and the City of Calgary; identify and work with the Board to address community needs; work with Board members to develop and implement a marketing plan to enhance the profile and effectiveness of the BCA and our community facilities; support the marketing of community events
- Organizational Development (40%) – work with Board members to establish and maintain record management systems; develop and implement a volunteer recruitment and management plan; and develop and maintain necessary organizational policies and practices
- Administration; Programs and Services (40%) – handle routine administrative functions including social media, website maintenance, incoming correspondence, and meeting and Board support; develop new and evaluate existing programs; and work with the Treasurer to apply for grants and funding to provide services and events that meet the needs of our residents
Qualified applicants will:
- Have experience in community programming, marketing, customer service and/or office administration
- Have proven social media, website and administrative experience including familiarity with Microsoft Office applications, Google documents, WordPress and newsletter tools such as MailChimp.
- Be bondable
Ideal qualifications include:
- Experience with a community association or non-profit board
- Graphic design skills
- Residency in Bankview or an inner city community
To apply, please submit a single .pdf including your one-page cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Community Coordinator Posting” in the subject line.
Applications will be accepted until Friday, October 21, 2016. Only those candidates shortlisted for this position will be notified.
The community of Bankview is a vibrant inner city neighbourhood, known for its eclectic mix of housing, proximity to the wonderful 17th Avenue retail district, and amazing city vistas. The volunteer-run Bankview Community Association (BCA) strives to build on community strengths, create opportunities for community connections, and foster an atmosphere of inclusion and diversity, while representing the interests of the 5100 Calgarians who call Bankview home.