We’re excited to hire a student this summer to help support the Bankview Community Association team with the planning and preparation of a Community Market program to be delivered in 2017. Applicants should be motivated individuals with an interest in the community and supporting local producers and makers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the coordination and planning of the Bankview Community Market
- Research the requirements to be an Alberta Approved Farmers’ Market and implement those requirements in the Bankview Community Market event plan
- Liaise with market vendors to solicit and confirm interest and availability to participate in the Bankview Community Market
- Support Community Market program by canvassing and surveying markets, Bankview residents, and vendors with an aim to create a sustainable market plan for Bankview
- Support the Bankview Community Coordinator in creating a comprehensive Community Market event plan
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good organization skills
- Proven interpersonal skills
- Reliable, punctual, and quick to learn new skills
- Comfortable working independently
- Position is ideally suited to a senior undergraduate or graduate student returning to classes this fall
- At least 15 years of age, a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or person protected under the Canadian Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and legally entitled to work and study in Canada.
- Resides in Alberta with Alberta address
- Returning to high school or a post-secondary institution to continue studying full-time in the fall.
- Must be enrolled in a program that will result in a Certificate, Diploma, or Degree. Technical training for Apprenticeship is not eligible
- Cover Letter (one page).
- Resume (no more than two pages)
Start date is June 13, 2016. Last day is August 31, 2016. This is a part-time position working three days per week (21 hours per week). The wage is $15 per hour.
Applications accepted until Tuesday, May 31, 2016. Please submit complete applications as a single PDF to BankviewCommunity@gmail.com. Please include “[Application] Community Market Position” in your subject line.