April 11th 7:00 PM
The Bankview Community Association(CA) is proud to host the 2018 Annual General Meeting and we want all residents to attend and enjoy a complimentary beverage and snack.
- Welcome and introduction of Board Members & Community Coordinator
- Recap of year & goals for 2018-19
- Discussion about open roles
- Events Committee Update
- Development Committee Update / EVDS Presentation
- Treasurer Update
- Community Garden Update
- Open Floor for Questions
- Post Meeting Mix and Mingle
Additional Information: We will have a child care area with 2 people designated to watch the kids. They will have crafts and a movie to keep them entertained. Also, there will be some light snacks and beverages
Check out our Facebook event
Many of you may be wondering: What is the point of all of this anyways?
All community associations have a general mission to improve neighbourhood life and they are vital to enriching the quality of life and well being of all residents. Through the Bankview CA residents can:
- Have direct input into neighbourhood planning and development
- Handle traffic concerns
- Create social functions and groups
- Develop recreation programs
- Promote sport
- Spearhead neighbourhood improvement initiatives
- Have direct input to the municipal government
However, for any of this to happen the Bankview CA needs people to volunteer and there are many different opportunities for all interests.
One of the primary items on the agenda is electing board members to fill the various roles on the Board of Directors, these roles are typically involved in the governance of the organization. Often board members are the head of a committee or part of the executive group. Of course there are many other volunteer positions available such as being a member of the events committee or the development committee.
If you are interested in volunteering or just want to learn more about the inner-workings of the Bankview CA then please attend our AGM. There will be booths for the committees and community partners will be available for conversation.
Lastly, if you have any questions or concerns please contact email email@example.com